• one bite you may get the bitter taste of chocolate

    another one, the sweet strawberry

    next bite, you feel the smoothness of vanilla

    followed by the tangy durian

    finalized by tender taste of avocado

    like what we experience in life, we’ll get one bite of every sweet and bitterness. it's the flavour of life...



One of the things that makes me feel so reluctant every time someone messaged me on social networking site (well, dating site in particular) is something called people's expectation. Like this...

I received a message from someone called John few months ago, and I already said that I am not looking for relationship, I'm only looking for friendship there. He agreed with that, saying that even if it won't go anywhere, it's just nice to have friend to share.
From that point on, he's like a gym buddy for me when I happen to be in Jakarta. Sometimes we just spend time in the gym, he likes to join the classes there, while I will usually refuse (I hate join those body combat class, urgh) and do weight training instead. Some other time we will just watch movie or go out and have some meal.

Something wrong with that? I have buddies with whom I usually spend time with and nothing (as in love department) develop from that. Even with girls. We remain as close friend, although we go out together often (so I am quite flustered why boys are more emo about that). Because I only think of them as friends, nothing more. I sometimes think, do I give him those cyber guys false hope or something by doing those friendly stuff?
And yet, recently he came out to me said he loves me and asked if I do feel the same, well, if you ask me such a question, don feel regret after that if you don't like the answer. Told ya, I am very bold with words.
"I am sorry John, I just don't have feeling for you in a romantic sense, at least for now. But truly, I do favor you as my good friend. You are precious for me."

Then eng-ing-eng! Everything changed!
Occasional sms, gone.
Occasional "Hi!", gone.
Occasional chat, gone.
Even he never call me up again in chat room, always wait for me to call him first.

When I confronted him with his change, he won't admit it. I called him the other day, and he says that he's with his other friend. Is it what people called jual mahal?? I completely have no idea.

I don't get what's wrong with him, since the very beginning he clearly stated that even if this would not lead to something serious, it's fine. It's rare to have a good friend in PLU world (I admit that) so I try to maintain good friendship when I find one. But now what??

Geez, for your information John, I won't fall to jual-mahal trap, sadly. I don't love you, buddy!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 Response for the "好朋友 (Hǎo péngyǒu) - I Don't Love You, Buddy!"

  1. Reis's says:

    Gee, I thought it only happened to people like me. It happens to you too, huh? Really, I think people might have under-rated the true meaning of friendship (in that case, over-rating LOVE).

    But you have to admit, the occasional SMS, hi, and everything, is because he wanted to get to know you more to see the possibility the two of you going out together as a couple. And since you denied him that, give him time to settle down and to fix his broken-heart. And after that? Well, if he's not growing up, it means he's not mature, so let him go. You can't un-ring an already-ringing-bell.

    Because sometimes, two people aren't meant to be friends.
    It's sad, tragic, and annoying, yes, but what can we do?

    On the other hand, the recent experience that happened to me too, made me realise one thing: I miss our days together. *hugs*


    your-very-best-friend.
    *narsis dikit bole yaaa.. hehe*

Post a Comment