• one bite you may get the bitter taste of chocolate

    another one, the sweet strawberry

    next bite, you feel the smoothness of vanilla

    followed by the tangy durian

    finalized by tender taste of avocado

    like what we experience in life, we’ll get one bite of every sweet and bitterness. it's the flavour of life...

贪婪 (tān lán) - Greed

Posted by ++ Chris ++ On 2:24 AM 0 comments



Money Money Money...

Important in our life, no?
Although one says that money can't buy love, but for me, without money you can't even live long enough to love. It's a materialistic world we live in.

This blog entry was actually inspired by my senior in workplace. He's been working here for more than 20 years already, and if you count his salary, it is enough to buy one new Honda CR-V every month. And even on certain months in a year, he could afford to buy new Honda Camry with his monthly salary.
People talk bad about him, people envy him, people just want to be like him somehow... Who wouldn't?

But in achieving that, he often disobey other people's right, he often tricks his colleague so that he could get the expensive jobs, and sometimes, while he's on vacation, he would keep monitoring the activities in the workplace, and when expensive jobs coming, he would fly right away, even in the middle of vacation, and replacing his subtitute colleague for that job.

He never, for once treat his crews, even after performed several jobs in one single day. Bring re-cooked food for banquet party. Using the same worn-out clothes for year. Buying second-hand goods for his kids. Bring airplane foods as a gift for his smallest kid.

So many bad talks about him that I've heard, so many curses and invectives that people say to him. For me, this is not the problem, and that's not how you should solve it.

Being greedy is a choice, you cannot force people not to be greed because that's your perception of good behaviour of human beings that has been planted in your mind say, since you were a small kid. That's not it. It's his choice to live his life that way, he has taken all his risks for good, so be it. He lost his time for his family, he has that stigma from other people, and many others that I cannot even mention, only he knows. He has swallowed his pills. And I bet  that would be a bitter one, probably get even more bitter in following years.

As for me, I don't want to have a regret in my live by piling money all the time in my life until I cannot even enjoy it anymore. I have my purposes, I don't mind to work hard (and smart of course) and spend my money for my family. People say " It is not the time of shopping and travelling, you should do it later once you have more money...". But the question is, when? How enough is enough?

God, Family, and Sweetheart (and Friends, heh heh). For me, that is all that counts.

Categories:

0 Response for the "贪婪 (tān lán) - Greed"

Post a Comment